Monday, November 26, 2007

Stressed? Make Time For A Good Book

I think one of the best things we can do for our families is to be as stress-free as possible.

As a mom, that isn't always so easy, and with the Christmas Holiday breathing down our necks it's almost impossible.

However, I have found over the course of the years that reading is a great way to relieve some of my stress. I love to read and I do it whenever I get a chance.

With the cold weather upon us it may be a little bit easier to pick up a book and relax. I find the best time is in the evening when it is quiet and the kids have gone to bed.



As parents we need to relax and not have to feel guility about it. A book is a great way to do that and is still pretty inexpensive.

I have also found used book stores to be a great source to find very inexpensive reading material. They have romance, murder mysteries, and everything in between. If you have books to trade in it is even more inexpensive.

For instance, I recently went to a used bookstore in my area and had books to trade in. I paid as little as $1.50 for a book. Even without the trade-in the book would have only been $3.00.

This is a great way to provide hours of relaxation and stress-free entertainment. On a cold winter's night there is nothing like a great book and a hot cup of cocoa!

So don't feel guilty -- pick up a great book and relax. It's one of the best things we can do for ourselves and our families.

No comments: