Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wanting To Protect Our Borders Is NOT Racism

I am an American of Italian/Polish descent. My great-grandparents came to this country legally.

That is why I am so sick and tired of people in the government labeling me a racist because I believe our borders should be closed.

I have nothing against Mexicans, but I am against people coming into this country illegally. They also seem to expect the same rights and in some cases more rights than I have. My only curse today is having been born in this country.

I used to consider myself middle class. As time goes on and the war continues, the middle class is slowly but surely being eliminated and so are my rights as an American citizen.

My father fought in WWII for this country as a very young man. He brought me up to believe in the American government and always said they did what was best for their people. Well, at one time maybe they did, but not now.

Is this the thanks that my dad gets for being a veteran of WWII? Is this the thanks we get as his family for him putting his life on the line? They call us racist because we want our country secure. You're welcome!!!

How can we possibly have reform immigration if we can't control it?

It also doesn't matter if you are a Democrat or a Republican; both parties are putting the American family dead last.

What part of illegal doesn't anyone understand? I'm all for people coming into this country legally; that's what this country was built on. I am not, however, for anyone coming here illegally. Why are they better than my family? Why do they have more rights than I have? Why am I being labeled a racist because I want people to be legal citizens?

President Bush seems to want to fight terrorism overseas. Yet terrorists can come through the Mexican border. It's absolutely the craziest thing I have ever seen, and it makes no sense.

I worry about my family every day and I feel like this is not my country anymore. This government time and time again refuses to protect us. I am sick and tired of paying taxes for people who are not looking out for the American families' best interest. The only thing these politicians care about are votes and to heck with the American people!

Also, isn't it time we released Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, who were given terms of 11 and 12 years, respectively, on their convictions for shooting an illegal alien drug smuggler? This is how the government thanks them and their families for protecting our borders? By throwing them in jail?


U.S. Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos (left) and Jose Compean

Well if no one else will say it I will. Thank you, Mr. Ramos and Mr. Compean for protecting our borders. I as an American am so sorry for what your families are going through, and the American government should be ashamed of themselves. If I was actually a racist would I be saying this to two gentlemen who are clearly of Mexican descent? Probably not!!!

It is a well-known fact that Mexico remains the primary source for illegal drugs to enter our country. These drugs include cocaine, marijuana, and methamphetamines. The border in Mexico is the main battlefield in the war against drugs and the federal government has done nothing to secure it.

As an American citizen I am tired of the government and their excuses. I'm sure I am not the only person who feels this way. It's time to stand up and say we are not going to take this anymore!!! How dare anyone call me a racist when I want things to be done legally. I believe it is irresponsible to label people as racist for your own political gain. I'm sure I'm not alone in my feelings.

Even though my dad is no longer with us I wish him Happy Veterans Day. Your family appreciates the sacrifice you gave to your country -- even if the government you protected doesn't respect the family you left behind.

To all the veterans out there, thanks for all you've done for this country; the American people appreciate it!

Last but not least to our brave men and women serving our country: I thank you and your family for the sacrifices you are making. For all our military on the front lines, I pray for your safe and quick return home!

Happy Veterans Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a great American. I share many many many views as you!! Good job on speaking out and for what you believe in. More Americans such as yourself need to get more involved with what is going on in this country. These days, so many people are worried about what Paris Hilton is doing and not about what our government is doing. If we don't wake up fast, the United States of America as we know it will be gone.

Kenneth .... visit me at www.somadicouldscream.com

Sharon Eno said...

Thanks Kenneth!

I went to your blog. It's terrific!

You and I seem to share the same view point. I'm glad there is someone out there that agrees with me.

Keep up the good work and continue to write about this problem. America is still worth fighting for.

Sharon