Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Reason I'm Gonna Stick With This Blog

When I started this blog a couple of weeks ago, I wondered what I could possibly write about on a daily basis.

The second thing I thought about was, who cares what I think or feel? I’m just a regular wife and mother. I’m no one famous. I’ve never really done anything in my life that’s all that unusual. I’ve never saved anyone’s life or cured any kind of disease. I’m not gay. I’ve never been molested. So why on earth would anyone care what I have to say?

However, the more I write the easier it has become. So far I haven’t had to look for material; everyday life has presented that to me. It may be that I have just had a whole lot of pent up frustration inside me, and this blog has helped relieve some of that. It’s become very cathartic for me. It has relieved my stress, because now I have a place to vent. More importantly, I hope I have helped or relieved the stress and frustration of at least one other person. So in that way maybe this blog is a good thing.



I just looked back on my blog yesterday and it has taken all kinds of twists and turns.
I’ve talked about kids and everything in between. It’s been fun!

I re-lived my childhood in one particular post, and that made me happy and sad at the same time. It made me miss my dad, who passed away in 1986. It also made me realize what a great dad I had, and how lucky I was to have him in my life. I had a terrific and happy childhood thanks to two wonderful parents who were always there for me.

I’ve had a very normal life, and I hope I’ve provided that for my child. I hope this blog has helped one other person other than myself. Maybe thru a recipe or just to know someone out here is going through the same things that they are.

I told myself I would give this blog a couple of weeks and if I felt it didn’t make a difference I would stop. Somehow it has made a difference in my life and I hope it helps someone other than just me.

My blog won’t save the world or stop war, but it helps me get out the frustration I can sometimes feel when things are just beyond my control. I see injustice every day and writing about it sure can’t hurt. Maybe it won’t change anything, but at least I can express my opinion, and hopefully I can make a small difference by just speaking out.

For now I guess I will try to continue this blog on a daily basis. It’s been a help to me and hopefully someone else, too. In some small way, maybe something I wrote or a recipe I’ve passed along has helped make someone’s day just a little bit easier and brighter.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: