Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Relaxing Bath Great Way To Enjoy "Alone" Time

It's so hard to balance everything when you are a mom and a wife. It's twice as hard if you are a single mom with a job. Fortunately, I am not a single mom, but I do know what it is to never seem to have enough time to yourself.

I think it's important for women in general to take a little time to themselves and not feel guilty.

My typical day is: make breakfast; clean the house; make the beds; drive my daughter to school; shower; work (if I get called in); pick up my daughter from school; make dinner; help with homework; and get ready for bed and start all over again the next day.

What I try to do at least three times a week is take time to treat myself to a nice luxurious bath, which includes a candle, something to read, my portable cd player, and nicely scented bath products.



It's amazing how many bath products there are today. They range from bath pillows to all kinds of wonderfully-scented soaps. The best part is they are all pretty affordable. You don't have to go into an expensive bed and bath store to find them.

I'm always satisfied with Target and the bath products they have that are really affordable. They have an aisle with nothing but bath soaps, body splash, lotion, pillows, and sponges, and the list goes on and on. Even the soap aisle has different types of shower gels ranging in price from $3 -$4 dollars. You don't use a ton of shower gel, especially if you get one of the bath sponges. All you need is a dime size amount of the gel on the sponge and just see how much it lathers up. You will be surprised how long the shower gel will last too.

Also, buy yourself some pleasantly-scented candles. Again, something very affordable. I just bought two candle holders for $1.99 each. You can also buy the little tea light candles to put inside a candle holder and they just burn out when the wax is gone. Then all you have to do is throw the little tin cup that is left inside the holder and no clean up at all.

The tea lights also come in a lot of different fragrances. I'm sure you can find one that you will like.

So treat yourself to a nice bath! It makes you feel feminine, relieves stress, and if you take it right before you go to bed, I can guarantee you will sleep a lot better.

The best thing we can do for our families is take care of our own mind and body and this is an easy and simple way to do just that. Just 20 - 30 minutes, two to three times a week, and see if it doesn't make a difference.

Enjoy!!! We all deserve a little time to ourselves.

No comments: